Congratulations and welcome to the exciting world of online business for work at home moms. Now that you have taken the first step, you might be asking yourself, "what next?"
It is very important to start off on a strong footing and here I have provided 7 tips to get you off to a fast start for your work from home online business here.
1. Success starts in your mind. So decide right now that you will go for success. Burn your bridge. Accept no excuses. To quote James Allen from his book, 'As A Man Thinketh', "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."
2. Commit your vision and goals to the paper. Write it down. There is power in the written word. You are the captain of your ship. To get from where you are to where you want to go (time and financial freedom), you need to chart the course for your ship (your chosen vehicle here is an online business) to sail.
3. Begin with the end in mind. Many successful entrepreneurs build an online business with the goal of selling it off down the road. Think: why should anybody buy over your online business? What sort of value can I add to my online business?
4. Don't procrastinate. Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today. Manage your time properly. To quote Nike, "Do it now". So, do your market research and start your online business straight away.
5. Balance action with planning. One of the most common pitfalls to successful entrepreneurship is getting too caught up in action without enough planning. Stated another way, this means that you confuse "being busy" with "working on important projects." The best approach is to plan your next couple of goals and then work backwards to create step by step action plans to reach them. Once you have the plan, then it's time to take the action. Ask yourself, how many hours would you commit each day, each week to your new online business? Make sure that your time is productively spent. Ask yourself for each task that you do whether it's an income producing activity. Should you yourself handle the task or is it more effective to be outsourced?
6. Network and network. Build relationships whether it's online or offline with like-minded people. One of the fastest ways to grow any business is to make connections with other people. Be sure to share your passion and enthusiasm with others at every opportunity. Let people know who you are and what you offer. Remember, people can't buy if they don't know you're selling. Be professional when you network with others.
7. Keep learning. Become a lifelong learner. Learn from those who have succeeded. Discover their success factors. Learn too, from those who have failed and avoid their mistakes. Set aside money to invest in your online business education. Form a mastermind team to brainstorm ideas and for accountability purpose. Get a good coach for your online business.
Hopefully, these seven tips will get your work at home online business started and growing in the right direction.